Modern kitchen in the style of "Modern" - the topic of today's article. Here you will see many photos in the interior and find a lot of interesting ideas. And let us not be scolded by professional designers, for whom such an expression is alogism!
People have long forgotten what the famous "modern" looks like and just use the word, the translation of which from Latin is "new, new, modern." So, everything is quite logical!
Many call modern modern kitchen design, although this is completely wrong.
- Smooth lines. The main decorative technique that is inherent in this style is an abundance of smooth curved lines that repeat the contours of plants and trees. Arc-shaped ledges, curved and sliding s-shaped forms find expression in everything: furniture design, forms of interior objects, graceful silhouettes of lamps.
- Stained Glass. This feature is designed to bring to the interior a bright play of colors and light as opposed to ordinary transparent or translucent glass. Multicolored glass inserts on kitchen cabinets, amazing Tiffany-style lampshades, as well as glass from Bohemian glass, simply have to be in the modernist kitchen.
- Moderate lighting. There are, of course, exceptions, but in most cases when decorating modern kitchen with light try not to go too far. Stained-glass windows or from colored glass lampshades muffle well and smoothly scatter light. This atmosphere has a quiet preparation of food, family dinners and spiritual conversations at the table.
Now let's take a closer look at the interior design aspects of the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style.
Walls. To decorate the walls, as a rule, use the natural colors of muffled, you might even say, cool tones. Classic white, soothing ivory or light olive, aristocratic gray or purple.
Also, designers offer portionedly use dark tones red, yellow and blue flowers to play along with stained glass and Tiffany. This is achieved through the use of a variety of finishing materials and techniques.
Floor. Here you can use both tiles and laminate. The colors are about the same palette as for the walls, but more often the parquet is chosen darker, and the tiles are lighter and brighter.
As for the explicit squareness of the forms of sex, do not be afraid to show imagination. For example, if you opted for a ceramic tile, then lay out the dining area in the shape of an oval or circle - this will be enough to not go beyond the modernist style.
Color of furniture. The color of dark wood, natural texture, in an extreme case, artificial. Also, sometimes the facades of the kitchen paint in muted colors with a plentiful application of patination, aging, often used stain and other similar dyes.
Furniture and textiles
In the interior of the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style is simply required wooden furniture. This is due to the fact that one of the slogans of modernity is a return to all natural - forms, contours and materials.
- An integral attribute of such furniture will be the elements of the carving, the original curved lines of facades and cornices, as well as the smooth outer and inner corners.
- Often you can find the use of forged elements of various bizarre light forms.
- When designing a kitchen in the Art Nouveau style, do not forget about the main highlight - the insets of colored glass. Stained glass in the style of Tiffany will give an incredible aesthetic effect and perfectly complement the dominant palette of the tree.
Curtains in the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style can be both monophonic, and with some noble pattern of smooth shapes. The material should be "heavy", look expensive, but not pretentious. Cornices can be decorated with original tips with inserts of stones or glass.
Kitchen textiles in such a kitchen should not stand out. Rather, it is destined to play the role of "domestication" and emphasize the atmosphere of comfort and comfort.
Decor and Accessories
In general, this kitchen should create an aura of aristocracy and romance in close interweaving with cooking and family gatherings at the table. The final filling should be approached carefully and with taste.
Lighting. As mentioned earlier, it should be muffled. Elegant chandelier with shades of colored glass, table and floor lamps in the style of Tiffany - all this will come in handy.
Work zone. The design of household appliances is desirable to choose "antique" and, if possible, hide behind the facades. The apron is laid out of small tiles or mosaics with the image of something natural: flowers, birds, landscapes or smooth abstractions.
Dinner Zone. The table can be square, but with curved legs or convex flanks. Chairs with beautiful backs, velvet seats, as well as leather elements. Woodcarving, originality of forms, solidity and quality of furniture are very welcome.
Moderation. The interior of the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style does not tolerate piling up with accessories - only the best and relevant decor items. Statuettes of bronze or copper with various colored stones, stained glass vases, figurines of animals and insects, noble house flowers in vases of elongated shape, etc.
The interior of the kitchen in the Art Nouveau style will suit the lovers of the sophistication of the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Its aristocracy, originality and dynamics are perfectly combined with natural curves and smooth lines, creating a unique ensemble of harmony of shapes and materials.