What are curtains without drilling, and how to install them independently is of interest to many consumers. This is a fairly simple design, providing ease of use and simple actions when closing and opening. Required are roller blinds on plastic windows without drilling, which, if desired, can be installed independently.
Varieties and features of structures
Before you hang the roller blinds on the window frame, you need to familiarize yourself with:
- with existing structures;
- with the principle of their work;
- with the features of fastening systems.
Sun protection in the form of curtains on plastic windows can be of several types. Only after learning the features of each design, you will be able to decide on one of the following options:
- Mini (Mini) - an open system of a roll type with a drum, on which the cloth is wound;
- "UNI" and "UNI2" are closed systems with a cloth in the cassette.
Roller blinds on the windows "Mini" refer to the budget variant, their fastening is carried out without perforating the frame. A simple construction consists of a movable shaft of the holder, on which a special sheet is fixed. Due to reliable fixation on one side, the material can be straightened, folded and stored in the assembled position.
The only drawback of such a lightweight design is the sagging of the curtains under its own weight with the open leaf and the swaying of the incoming air, but this is a completely solvable problem. Using magnets, you can fix a stretched roll blind in the lower part of the frame.
Mini rolls without drilling are very popular due to its availability, compactness, unpretentiousness and easy installation on any window.
Closed sun protection system on the windows without drilling requires a compact box. This design creates a reliable protection of the fabric from the negative impact of the external environment - does not burn out, does not dust, does not lose its original appearance:
- Cassette curtains "UNI" (Uni) consist of a laminated box, which is presented in a wide variety of colors and imitations for natural wood. This allows you to select sun protection for any color of the double-glazed window. On both sides of the system are installed stoppers that perform the function of guiding and preventing misalignment during opening and closing. Rolled curtain rolled into the cassette does not prevent the opening of the window. In motion, the blade is driven by a chain.
- Model "UNI2" (Uni2) - a double version of the design with a spring mechanism. Roller blinds are mounted on plastic windows without drilling. The system is fixed in the upper and lower part of the insulating glass, which allows you to open the top-up or top-down bottom. Curtains for the UNI2 system can be monophonic, consist of patterns and patterns, and also have a different degree of light transmission, which ensures the required level of illumination in the room.
Increased functionality is possessed by Zebra cassette roller blinds, consisting of alternating bands - curtains of blackout (from especially dense fabric) and dimaut (from translucent fabric). Both kinds of cloths are displaced, as a result of this the intensity of the light flux changes and it is possible to make the window "deaf". It is enough to fix the blind and the sun protection system is ready for operation. Cloths are shifted to the side without a full lift, and thanks to a tight fit to the window, reliable protection against burnout of curtains, curtains, wallpaper and upholstery is ensured.
Using roller blinds without drilling, you do not need to use self-tapping screws that break the integrity of the frame, and when you remove the sunshade, the holes that have formed will have to be closed.
You can fasten the blinds to the double-glazed window in two ways:
- by means of union brackets, which are attached to the frame in the open position. The principle of installation is identical to a clamp or a conventional paper clip;
- using two-sided self-adhesive tape (dense tape).
In the first case, the installation of roller blinds without drilling is carried out using a special clamp, which captures the window leaf from above. This method is specially designed for installation of the "Mini" system. Roller blinds can also be installed on wooden windows.
Fastening of roller blinds in the second case is carried out by a two-sided self-adhesive tape, which at the production stage is placed on the cassette or drum. During installation, the protective film is removed from the adhesive tape and applied to the skimmed with a special solution of the surface of the frame. Those who install blinds for the first time, should know that before you hang curtains you need to very accurately identify the points where the fasteners of the system will be placed. Knowing how to fix roller blinds, you can conduct the installation yourself.
Fastening of curtains in winter is carried out with preheating of the frame by a hair dryer.
Roman blinds without drilling
Simplicity is a Roman blind, without drilling fixed by means of a universal cornice on the frame or in a window opening. For curtains of this type, a telescopic cornice is suitable, which is placed directly in the window opening and is adjustable. The cloths are assembled in the up-down direction by the "accordion", the degree of contraction of which is adjusted as desired.
Roman curtains are installed on plastic windows in various ways, including special adhesive tape brackets. Modern fixation systems allow Roman blinds to be fastened to plastic windows and can be assembled with a control unit, ribbons or ropes. This kind of curtains is suitable for loggias and balconies, they are also convenient to hang on the terrace and in the summer gazebo, the main thing is to choose the correct method of installation.
Modern methods allow you to attach ready-made roller blinds to the frame, without special efforts. Such systems have received an increased demand and thanks to numerous advantages decorate the window openings:
- Blinds of cassette type can be hung close to the window, as a result of which they form a single unit with the profile.
- Suitable for any room and style of the interior.
- Do not occupy the sill.
- They differ in simple care and maintenance.
- Increase the aesthetic characteristics of a large or small window.
- Can act as an independent decorative element in the interior and perfectly combined with traditional curtains, tulle curtains.
Knowing how to install different types of curtains on a plastic window, you can handle yourself without recourse to specialists. The fastening systems are very comfortable and easy to install without damaging the appearance and integrity of the plastic profile.