The magnificent greenish foliage and the amazing flowering of the kalatei can not leave anyone indifferent. The captivating beauty of this plant is increasingly used in interiors to transform the interior space of the room. There is a sign that Kalatea should be given to the wedding for the newlyweds, since it is a symbol of love and prosperity.
Even specialists in feng shui say that kalatea should become an indispensable attribute of the interior in the room, because this plant will help in personal life and in trade. If a person doubts his abilities, this plant will give self-confidence. In the house in which this flower stands, there will always be a positive, cheerful mood.
Types of kalatei
First of all, it should be noted that there are many species of this tropical flower. All varieties differ in color and pattern of leaves.
- Maranta Bachem. Can meet in the Brazilian rainforest. It is an unstable plant with oblong-lanceolate leaves up to 25 cm long, up to 9 cm wide. Leaflets are slightly narrowed at the apex, they have a greenish-silver color, leathery. The flower is collected in a spicate inflorescence. This sort of kalatei is considered highly decorative.
- Kalatea Vicha. The plant can grow up to 90 cm. The flower has oval leaflets up to 30 cm long, up to 15 cm wide. Slightly pointed at the apex. The color of the leaves is dark green, has light yellow-green stripes. Blossoms in white, Vicha is a highly decorative species.
- Kalatea is wonderful. The plant has long, narrowed leaves up to 27 cm long, up to 5 cm wide, the leaf blade has a wavy edge, the petiole of the green color has no pubescence. The leaf is decorated with dark green ovals, both large and small. The leaf cushion and the bottom of the leaf have a violet color.
- Zebra-like kalatea. The plant can grow up to 60 cm in height. It has elliptical, radical leaves, their length can reach up to 40 cm, and width up to 16 cm. The leaves of the leaves are green on top, decorated with light cirrus bands, and from below - red. The flower is collected in a dense, almost round or ovate shape, a spicate inflorescence of white or lilac color.
- Leopard kalatea. The flower is unstable, it can reach a height of up to 50 cm. The foliage is elliptical, lance-like in length up to 12 cm, and up to 5 cm wide. Color of leaves is light green, decorated with oblong stains. The flower is collected in a spicate inflorescence of yellow color.
There are more than 130 varieties, and all of them are distinguished by the incredible beauty of their leaves, but it is difficult to grow a plant of calatea at home.
Before you get a plant, you need to know how to take care of kalatei at home.
The flower of kalatea belongs to plants of the second tier in the tropical forest of the family of the Maranthovs. The foliage has an oval shape of elliptical length, it is glossy, velvety. The back of the leaves is always painted in red. They grow out of the trunk, which is very short, and the interstice is literally in millimeters from each other, so it seems that the rosette grows immediately from the soil.
Leaf stalks may be of different lengths. It is proved that the plant is very fond of music, in particular classical music, and it reacts poorly to the smell of tobacco smoke.
Care for the flower requires special procedures. Kalatea room has a second name - "prayer flower" - which it received for its ability to lift the leaves to the top with the onset of sunset.
On the wrong care the plant will instantly react with the changed color of the leaves, the formation of dark spots on their surface, as well as drying out. In other words, kalathea loses its appeal.
Care of the flower kalatei
When choosing a variety of coats, you need to build on your ability to create the necessary conditions for a flower, because each species requires special care procedures. But the most demanding are blossoming varieties.
And the most simple and unpretentious is the cultivation of the kakatei Makoyan. The plant does not require special care, growing it at home is much easier than other plant varieties.
Indoor plants like Kalatea like a lot of light, but do not tolerate direct sunlight, so if the flower is placed on the southern window, it should be pritenit. Whether the flower of light suffices, it is possible to define on leaflets: at insufficient illumination leaves pale, at superfluous illumination - convolve in a tubule. If nothing is done, these conditions can lead to the death of the plant.
If the saffron kalatea bloomed, it means that the care is correct. But the
re are ways that artificially induce kalateya to bloom. It is necessary to create an adjustable duration of the day by covering the plant with a special lightproof material from 19 pm to 9 am. When there are rudiments of flower stems, the flower needs to be returned to the usual light mode.
Watering the Plants
Watering of all varieties should be carried out with soft, well-kept water, the temperature should be 3 degrees more than the room temperature. About when you need to water a flower, you can determine the state of leaves, if they begin to lose the pattern, the plant must be moistened.
But what needs to be done, and how to save the plant from drying out? First of all, stop watering, wait until the soil dries 3 cm deep into the earth and wait for changes. If this did not give results and the leaves did not rise, then the soil should be replaced and the decayed roots removed.
On average, watering the plant needs 3 times a week in the summer. With the onset of winter, the frequency of watering is reduced to 1 time a week.
Content temperature, transplant and soil
Regardless of the time of year, the temperature regime for kalatei should be from 18 to 25 degrees. In this case, in no case should be allowed to form drafts and a sharp temperature drop, as this can lead to leaf withering and death of the flower.
One of the most important stages of plant care is the selection of the right soil. The plant has a superficial type of root system, it grows in breadth, so you need to pick the right plant. In a deep pot you need to create a large drainage layer to prevent soil from sinking. You can buy a ready-made substrate for kalatej, but it's necessary to add large sand.
As the growth grows, the plant needs a transplantation by careful separation of the rhizome during planting. The most common is the division of the bush in two, making incisions with a sharp knife, it is necessary to disinfect the fresh cuts. After planting, the plant should be sheltered, creating a microclimate in leaflets with mandatory ventilation. After the flower has taken root and started to release new leaves, the shelter needs to be removed. During this period it is necessary to adhere strictly to the temperature regime of 25 degrees.
Pruning and fertilizer
At home, only blooming plant varieties are fed. To do this, there is a specially soluble fertilizer, which contains a small amount of nitrogen and calcium, this will benefit the flower.
The main feature of kalatei is the ability to change the composition of the soil, change its acidity. In this case, the best top dressing is the renewal of the substrate. For a young plant, a transplant should be done every year, already an adult plant needs to be transplanted every 2 years.
The bright green foliage of kalatei will refresh and decorate any room. Do not forget about the amazingly beautiful flowering of the kalatei, the flowers of an unusual spiked shape will undoubtedly turn the room into a tropical paradise. In order to transform the room and make it more comfortable and comfortable, kalatea will be the best choice.