Invitation to a holiday will inevitably cause a question among the guests - what to present and how to originally pack a gift? The choice of a gift is a delicate matter.
There are universal gifts:
- money (for a wedding or birthday);
- a bottle of good whiskey or aged wine (relevant for men);
- large plush toys (baby or newborn).
Popular design options are a beautiful gift bag, gift paper, a creative box. Packaging gifts with their own hands, beautiful and unusual - is not at all a difficult matter.
A very common variant of gift wrapping is a gift wrapping paper. This option is suitable for a wedding, and for a birthday, and for a children's party, and if you just give candy.
You do not need to have special skills to accurately and beautifully wrap a rectangular box, book, picture or candy.
For packaging you will need:
- beautiful gift paper;
- Scotch tape (you can use the usual transparent, buy a special with a pattern or, best of all, take a double-sided adhesive tape).
The width of the paper must be not less than the length of the box folded with a double height (a = b + 2c, where a is the width of the paper, b is the length of the box, and c is the height of the box). The length of the required amount of paper is the sum of the widths of all sides of the box-parallelepiped. It is worth to focus on this, because if you correctly determine the size, then it will be easier to pack.
How to pack a gift in paper:
- We place a book or a box with a gift in a wrapping paper, across. On one of the edges of the paper we glue the adhesive tape and attach it to the box. It is better to measure the amount of paper necessary for the wrapper and cut it off from the roll by hiding the cut edge inside the package.
- Tightly wrap so that the joint of the edges of the paper is on top. We attach the second edge of the wrapping paper.
- Now wrap the ends. We bend the upper part, fix it with an adhesive tape.
- Then there are two options: or wrap the side parts, or the bottom. The final appearance of the package depends on this. If you use two-sided adhesive tape, then there is no problem - it will not be visible.
- Repeat the same on the other side of the box.
- Add decorative bows or tie tape. Beautiful book packaging is ready!
In such a package it is good to put rectangular gifts, such as a book, perfume or candy. If there is no opportunity to purchase a wrapping paper or a gift too large (for example a large picture or a toy to a newborn), then an interesting idea for packing is the use of tissue.
It will be especially appropriate for packing a gift for a cotton wedding (the first anniversary of a joint life) or for a holiday in honor of a newborn. Use the fabric just like paper, fix it with tape or glue.
How to donate money
Money is usually given in an envelope that can be made at home. It's a great gift for a wedding or a birthday! Envelope for money is better done from thick paper. A good idea is to use kraft paper as the basis for an envelope for money. Decorate it with appliqués, sequins or ribbons, you will get an interesting and unique packaging.
Packaging of gifts of non-standard form with your own hands
For packing non-standard gifts, you need to fantasize a little.
The original idea for small gifts is packing in a gift shirt or T-shirt:
- We put a gift on the T-shirt, in the central part of it.
- Alternately, bend first the top, then the bottom to the center.
- The side parts of the T-shirt are also bend. It will be unusual to look at such packaging.
- To fix such a package, use decorative or satin ribbon, oblique bake, twine or twine. Carefully tie a bow and everything is ready.
If you choose a T-shirt with a long sleeve (such as a sweatshirt or a turtleneck), you can make a knot to fix it from the sleeves. An excellent option if you want to give your girlfriend sweets and an original T-shirt.
Gift wrapping for a man
The idea for packing a shirt as a present for her husband on her birthday is a homemade package made of heavy paper. A man will appreciate not only the gift itself, but also the effort invested in making the bag.
It will take:
- wrapping paper;
- glue and scotch tape;
- ribbon for pens.
How to do:
- The measured paper should be folded in half, and the long free edges should be connected with adhesive tape.
- The place of joining the edges is placed not on the bend of the package, but closer to the center. The bottom part is transformed into the bottom of the package. Make a bend (the distance will be equal to the width of the bottom). Separate the sides of the package, the corners on both sides are folded inward, receiving triangles. The line of lateral fold on each triangle must coincide with the line of the lower fold. We turn the lower and upper edges so that they are in place of the main fold. Fix this connection with scotch tape. This is the most difficult stage of making a bag.
- Take a rectangle of thick paper and glue to it with ribbon-pens. In the shops for needlework there are blanks, which can significantly reduce the time of manufacturing the package.
- Rectangle with handles glue from the inside on opposite sides of the package. We wait until everything is dry, and we put the shirt on.
Original bottle packing
Good alcohol is often given, especially to men. How to pack a bottle as a present to make it look beautiful and elegant? You can use paper.
- Cut a piece of paper that fits the width.
- Wrap the paper with a piece of paper, fixing the edges with tape.
- At the bottom of the bottle you need to carefully fold the edges of the paper and fix it with adhesive tape.
- Tie a neck with a beautiful ribbon. Cut the remainder of the paper into narrow strips and tighten with scissors.
The second idea for packing a bottle as a gift to a man is a suit. The costume for the bottle looks very interesting and creative.
- We take the old shirt and cut off the sleeve.
- We put the bottle in it with the neck to the cuff so that it fully covers the neck.
- Sew the edges at the bottom of the bottle. You can refine and find a separate part for the bottom of the bottle.
- Place an accessory (butterfly or tie for men, mini-beads for women) at the bottom of the neck. Get a real suit for a bottle!
How to originally pack tea as a gift
In special shops where tea is sold, there is a wide choice of all kinds of metal and wooden jars. But if you want to surprise the recipient, make a gift wrapping for tea with your own hands.
Types of packaging:
- a bag of transparent film (suitable to give refined tea);
- packing from kraft paper;
- a box of the original form.
To pack tea, it is better to choose a rigid transparent film, so that it forms a kind of box, not a package. You can use a floral film: it's easy to find, and color variations are very wide.
Boxes of the original form are made quite simply, you need a lot of cardboard and a clerical knife.
- Select the stencil and print it on plain paper in the correct real size.
- We translate contours on a cardboard.
- Cut out the workpiece with a stationery knife.
- We make small incisions in place of folds.
- We collect a box!
It is necessary to correctly determine the dimensions in advance, it will be easier to pack.