The kitchen is the room in which we spend most of the time. Especially the keepers of the home, which are continually being cooked, then cleaned. But in this room you can also relax, especially if the kitchen is combined with a living room or a dining room. It is extremely important to create comfort and comfort in this room, and also try to make the room so functional, so generally it's possible. A good hostess will appreciate all the delights of a modernly equipped kitchen.
With all seriousness one should approach the choice of materials for finishing the walls in the kitchen, because it will depend not only on the aesthetic beauty of the kitchen, but also on the functionality of the room. The material should be at least practical and safe, as our mothers, grandmothers, wives work in the room, and our children or grandchildren can play next to them.
Most often, it is the tile used to decorate the walls in the kitchen. And not for nothing, the material has perfectly proved itself in modern construction.
Advantages of wall tiles
- Imitates any natural material, whether it be wood, leather or stone.
- It is not afraid of moisture, fat and evaporation, which so often filled the kitchen space.
- Wall tiles are fireproof. When heated, it does not emit harmful chemicals, because it is made of natural materials, sand and clay.
- Ceramic tiles are so strong that they can protect the wall from collapse.
- The dirtiest place in the kitchen is the working area of the hostess, in fact, where they are constantly washed, cleaned and cooked. Usually, the tile is placed on the wall of the working area, called the apron. Most often it is for the purpose of ease of care and cleaning. Sometimes it is enough to wipe with a damp cloth. But sometimes you have to use detergents, cleaning powders or other chemicals. That's where its acid-alkali resistance comes in handy.
- It is also resistant to temperature changes. After all, on the stove, something is often cooked and it is absolutely possible to get boiling water on the wall.
- Due to its porous structure, the tile absorbs moisture perfectly. This property and helps it to better cling to the surface.
- Tiles are quite strong material and even have an increased property of resistance to erasure.
Wall tiles in a small kitchen
If you have a small kitchen, then large tiles will only aggravate the situation. The room will visually appear even smaller. Therefore, it is better to use a tile with a size of at most 10 cm * 10 cm. For a small room, tile is elongated or rectangular. And if you want to cover most of the wall, it is better to choose a small tile or tile mosaic, which can be supplemented with different inserts. Particularly appropriate, they will be in the apron area. But do not forget about a competent combination of colors and styles.
An important role is played by the grouting of the interlacing seams. In addition to the protective function, preventing the formation of mold and fungus, grouting eliminates the possibility of tile lagging behind the wall. And in the aesthetic sense, it should be taken into account that contrast stitches attract attention. Contrasting grout looks more stylish, but if you have a small kitchen, it will visually narrow it even more.
There is another little secret with the trowels. It turns out that the grout of dark color can visually make the floor cleaner and vice versa.
Wall tiles in a spacious kitchen
For kitchens of large dimensions, tiles will be required. It will give the room harmony and compactness. In this case, the contrast grout is the best. It will make the space more stylish and original. But the choice is yours, you can process the seams and monochrome trowel.
Gloss or matte?
There is a glossy and matt tile. Gloss will make the room more bright and bright, which visually increase its space. Mattness will give the room extra comfort and comfort. Experts say that for a kitchen that is located on the sunny side, matte tiles are more suitable. This is due to the fact that the matte surface does not dazzle when exposed to direct sunlight. Gloss in turn will look good in less lit rooms. By the way on the glossy dark tile more visible mechanical damage.
Wall tiles can also vary according to the terrain. Professionals recommend to tile the walls of the kitchen with tiles with a glossy surface, because it is easiest to take care of. Wet enough rags, sometimes with soap. But the relief surface is able to accumulate in itself dirt, fat, which in time simply eats into the surface. Any hostess knows how difficult it is to clean the fat from the matte coating. But visually the pollution is less visible on matte grainy dark-colored surfaces.
When choosing a color and a pattern for future wall tiles, remember that the lighting will directly affect its hue proportionally. Sunlight visually makes the color and pattern on the tile brighter and juicier. Halogen lamps will give a color of cold shade, and ordinary lamps with yellow light, on the contrary warm. You can take advantage of this phenomenon or vice versa, if it is undesirable, refrain from it.
What areas of the kitchen space need to be covered with tiles?
Tiles can be tiled as completely the walls of the kitchen, and its specific parts. Which option to choose to solve directly to the owners.
The main types of wall tiles are:
- Most often, the tile covers only the apron of the kitchen space, that is, along the working area of the kitchen set-tops, sinks and gas stoves. The height of the tile coating in this case comes to the hinged cabinets.
- You can generally cover with tiles only the main working area, for example, the space near the sink and / or slab.
- You can polish the entire surface of the kitchen, then the kitchen is easiest to keep clean and tidy. Here the bright tones are best. They will create an effect of lightness and visually increase the space that the housewives of small kitchens will appreciate.
Tile on the wall with a decor or a panel
The tile of such a plan will create a unique image of your kitchen. Good looks solid color tile with a 3D pattern. Any creative ideas can be implemented, the main desire and the availability of opportunities. The pricing policy for such a tile will be several levels higher than the usual one-ton. Modern building supermarkets will give you a lot of sketches and drawings of such tiles. But the main thing is not to overload the space with excessive decor. Especially, this applies to small rooms. A bust with a drawing can make the room uncomfortable to stay in it.
Looks good in alliance with a monophonic tile. It is placed usually in the area of the working area in certain pre-planned parts of it. But just remember that facing the walls with such a tile is a very laborious and time-consuming process. The tile-mosaic is very fragile and easily beats, so it is better to take it immediately with a margin.
The beauty of this type of tile is that it can be applied to any image or picture. In fact - it's tiles to order. And all that is done individually requires additional financial injections. This will give the room an originality and uniqueness, and even a little piquancy.
100% will make a splash especially in a monochrome interior. You can use a variety of tiles, but it must be monophonic. Such a tile will be appreciated by hi-tech lovers. And the prices will pleasantly surprise.
Whichever tile you choose, remember that it should be put by a master, otherwise you can turn the most expensive and masterpiece into an unprecedented bad taste.